Cartoon Network

29 June 2012

Re: [DIY] Circuit breaker boxes

 

Wow. I did not know that Kalifornia outlawed aluminum all together. Feeders? Panel busses? Everything? Tell me more.
I was only aware of small conductors being discontinued.
I also hardly think what goes on in california is ANY basis for comparison the rest of the normal world.

Funny, so are you a professional, or an expert? If an "expert" what are your credentials?
I don't claim to be an expert, but I am a professional and I certainly DO know what the hell I am talking about.

No one said anything about a CU to AL connection. Any professional knows this is not allowed and special splices must be used, like CU/AL bugs, or Polaris connectors.
I thought the discussion was about panels. I was not aware that this was the vilification of aluminum forum.

Sorry, aluminum is NOT "dangerous", if installed properly....same as copper.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Ray Kornele <krazykyngekorny@...> wrote:
>
> California, and other states, outlawed aluminum back in the late 70s, for
> the reasons I have quoted PLUS attaching copper to aluminum makes a hot
> joint. Yes, I am fully familiar with both copper and aluminum. I worked in
> the field for over thirty years.
>
> For those who want to take the advice of professionals (those who charge
> for their service) rather than experts (those who know what the he!! they
> are talking about), yes, aluminum is legal if you jump through all the
> hoops. It is STILL daqngerous, and those who care for your safety will tell
> you so.
> KrazyKyngeKorny (Krazy, not stupid)
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM, petey_racer <petey_racer@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > Then you are obviously not a professional in the field and are not very
> > familiar with this stuff.
> > Aluminum is FINE in most settings, especially residential.
> > AL is NOT "unsafe". If it were it would not be allowed to be sold, no?
> > IMO your "set in stone rule" is simply dramatics based on hearsay and
> > rumor as opposed to facts. Or do you have facts to support your claims??
> >
> > --- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Ray Kornele <krazykyngekorny@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I have a rule set in stone. ALWAYS use copper. Aluminum is IMHO unsafe.
> > It
> > > Heats, even at rated load, and below.
> > > KrazyKyngeKorny (Krazy, not stupid)
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment