Cartoon Network

08 March 2012

[DIY] Car siding for flooring

 

I have been in a couple of houses that used the back side of car-siding for their flooring. It is much cheaper than hardwood, looks great and I love the sound when walking on it. I KNOW that it needs to be re varnished sooner than hardwood.

3 years ago I bought a boat load of car siding from Menards on sale. At the time I knew that the back side of car siding had a groove but figured it could easily be cut off. I do NOT want that groove on my floors. I want flat.

I have had a problem finding someone to redo the tongue and groove. Yesterday I talked to a retired cabinet maker. He lectured me on why I should not use pine. Tried to talk me into laminate. I do NOT want laminate for all the reasons posted on THIS group list back when I was trying to decide what to use on my floors.

Does anyone have suggestions? It shouldn't be this hard to find someone who does woodworking on the side to do this for me and not charge $1,000 for the 250 6 foot boards that I have.

Joyce

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment