Cartoon Network

24 May 2014

Re: [DIY] Re: A different door problem/ hung wrong/ Round 2

 

From: THenne1713@aol.com [DoIt_Yourself]
Looked at your photos again today and realized your door facings are also
installed wrong (the trim that lays on the wall around the 3-sides of the
jamb)
------------------------------

Clear as mud, yes. But also consider that these doors, and all parts
thereof, were built/installed about 114 years ago. Given the screws that I
(literally) pulled from the hinges, I'd say the door has been
reset...um...more than once. There's no rot under the hinge, just old,
damaged wood. Because of it's age, I am loath to cut into the facing. No
way I'm ever going to match the existing stain. I've been reading and
considering all the responses, and will likely tackle the project this
weekend (three days off work will allow the time). I'll let you all know
how it turns out.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the age of the house in my original post. At the
time, it didn't seem relevant, but after reading several suggestions, it
does seem that it is. Thanks.

Sandaidh
sandaidh@atlanticbb.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Sandaidh" <sandaidh@atlanticbb.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment