Cartoon Network

14 October 2017

[DIY] Sewing a Boot from the Outside

 

I'm currently laid up with a broken bone in my foot, so I can't ride my motorcycles, fix my house, or do much of anything, and I'm going stir-crazy.  


So I captioned a group of photos I shot last summer on how to sew a patch on a boot when you only have access to the outside.  I used this to sew a protective patch on the top of a motorcycle boot to prevent wear from the gear-shift lever.  But the same method can be used to repair stitching in the toe of a shoe or sneaker, or basically to sew anything where you don't have access to both sides of the material.  I used dental floss because of its strength, but other kinds of thread can be used as needed.  This isn't quite on the topic of home repair, but I hope repair to things found in homes is also appropriate.

The link below gives access to the photos.  Unfortunately, the link has the photos in reverse order.  So click on the LAST photo and left-click "Preview," then go through them backwards to get the proper order. (There is also a description of what I'm doing in each photo.  To see it, click on the three vertical dots on the right, then click on "Description").  

NOTE: These instructions on how to look at the photos/descriptions are for Windows.  I have no clue how other operating systems do it.


Mike Taglieri


__._,_.___

Posted by: mctaglieri@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment