Cartoon Network

07 July 2018

[DIY] Sealant on Water Heater Pipe [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from bigmikechen@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself] included below]

In April, I had my water heater replaced. It's a new one with a status light, which is currently glowing blue (nominal).

I noticed that the white sealant on the pipe going up and out of the water heater was a little soft. It wasn't dripping but visually I could see that it wasn't dry and stiff.

See the attached photo. Is this normal given how hot the pipe gets with water coming out? (I had ran a bath about an hour before I took the photo). This seems to make sense to me given how hot the water in the pipe would get but I wanted to sanity check, since I do have a warranty on the parts and installation.

(Also the burn marks are from when they cut the pipe on the previous water heater.)


__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from bigmikechen@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself] | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 Photo(s)


Posted by: bigmikechen@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Check out the automatic photo album with 1 photo(s) from this topic.
waterheaterpipe.jpg

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment