Cartoon Network

24 March 2019

[DIY] Another Air Admittance Valve question

 

I have a real situation.  We bought a double-wide trailer at an auction and in the course of repairs, found out there was a fire in the past and the damage wasn't completely repaired.  We are trying to fix it up the best we can and sell it to some friends that need a larger place.  In the repairing, we are also rearranging a few things.

This brings me to the laundry.  The old laundry had an air admittance valve in the wall.  Since we are moving the laundry, we no longer need the air admittance valve, or the line from the 3" main drain.  It would be easy to cut the old laundry drain pipe and cap it but something bothers me.  The problem is that the 3" drain also drains another house behind us (something that I think is illegal now, if not when they put in the house) so I am wondering if we need that extra vent (the air admittance valve being the "vent"). 

The placement where the laundry line is about 10 feet downstream from where the two systems merge and the run is also about 10 feet horizontally to the rise where the air admittance valve is. I'm trying to find information in books and online that would help me but I cannot.  I know we have a couple professional plumbers here so maybe they can help guide me.


Virus-free. www.avast.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment