Cartoon Network

15 April 2020

[DIY] Neutral Wire

 

When I chose my new wifi wall switch, I read that I would require a neutral wire.  Because I never ask enough questions and always jump to conclusions, I thought that meant the bare copper wire.  The wiring diagrams prove that this is not the case and I am now one wire short.  Questions:

Are they talking about the white wire that does appear in boxes that house outlets?  If I am lucky and can fish a wire up from a wall outlet that happens to be near the wall switch, would that do the job?  Would that pass code?  Is there a better way?

Thanks

J Hnidy
the Villages, Florida

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jerry Hnidy <jhnidy@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment