Cartoon Network

03 September 2015

Re: [DIY] AC Drain Lines

 

have you noticed any ice buildup on your lines going to the air handler or at the outdoor unit? ice buildup indicates a loss of air flow or low refrigerant and can result in overflowing of the primary and secondary drain lines



On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 10:39 AM, "bigmikechen@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Hi there, I'm trying to see if there's a problem in my AC drain. The secondary (roof) drain never dripped until today, at least not noticably. I know this usually goes when the primary drain (by the unit) is clogged. However, the primary drain is still dripping.

I used the shop vac on the primary drain output and pulled out some gunk but not a lot. I haven't tried it at the source on the unit yet.

Is this a sign of a primary drain clog? Or is it just indicative of heavier usage? (Heat wave + flu/fever means more usage over the past few days)

Thanks!

Mike



__._,_.___

Posted by: Mike Shoaf <mike.shoaf@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post • Reply to sender • Reply to group • Start a New Topic • Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment