Cartoon Network

10 August 2018

[DIY] Support for saw

 

I  am building this platform bed made of 4x12 timber.  For the joints, I want them to be smooth so they will fit right.  So the  joints fit right, I need to cut down halfway through the timbers or 2" down.  and keep them flat and even.   I tried to do it like the directions said but it is not working out.  In other words, I am supposed to make grids with 1" apart and chisel them out but they are not chiseling out flat and even.  If I had it to do over again, I would make 1/4 or 1/8" grids and chisel them out.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?  After they are fairly flat, I will sand them but that is not an option now.  I also do not have a table saw but just a worm drive saw.  Would some sort of cross cut devise work? The trouble is that after I get 1" or more from an edge, the plate of the saw has nothing to lean on for support so it is more or less suspended in mid air with no support.  Here is the instructions.  Thanks

https://www.instructables.com/id/Massive-Timbered-Platform-Bed/


GB


__._,_.___

Posted by: greatyoga@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment