Cartoon Network

03 January 2020

Re: [DIY] Slippery Rugs

 



Thank you for posting the link!


Joyce aka Mom aka Joycie



On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 7:03 AM Aki 01dyna@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

We had the exact same problem.  No matter what pad we bought, our dog as well as us, kept moving the rug around. Very frustrating.  The dog loves all the sliding around though!  LOL

Anyway, our daughter recommended a non-slip rug pad (they have two pitties), that REALLY works.  I ordered one for our 5x8 rug and that rug has not moved ONE INCH since
putting it down back in October.  No adhesives to damage wood either.



-aki

 

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 5:44 AM Joyce O theoldhen@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 


Well since this group is still up and at 'em I have a problem and need advice.

We put in new floors in our old old OLD farmhouse 4 or 5 years ago.
Wide 10 inch planking. It took me years to find a source for wide boards. 
The boards are old barn and crib boards. They were sanded down and had the grooves put in along the edges.

It took us 5 weeks to put them down in 3 rooms. We sanded and finished them by ourselves. And remained married.

Being pine we already knew it was a soft wood and could show scratches etc.

I have 2 area rugs that are about 5 x 7 in our living room and a runner. Needed those because we have a dog. I grind his nails every 2 to 3 weeks to keep them shorter and not scratch the floors so much.

My problem is that he gets excited and will run into the living room or out of it and those rugs will slide a lot. 
I have bought those rubbery white pad things that are supposed to keep rugs from sliding and they worked great for a couple of months and now they are worthless.

I have tried washing them just in case they have a dust building up and that didnt help.

I googled for information and saw where double sided tape is recommended but I worry that the sticky stuff could end up sticking to the floor.

I plan to discuss this with a trainer and find out what I should be doing to train him to walk when he enters or leaves the living room. 
When he comes in the house from outside I often stop him at the door and tell him "walk" ... I guess I should be doing that in the living room?







Joyce aka Mom aka Joycie

__._,_.___

Posted by: Joyce O <theoldhen@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment