Cartoon Network

25 March 2020

Re: [DIY] Outdoor PEX

 

I'd just use the foam insulation and replace it as needed after UV deterioration. It's relatively inexpensive.


To totally protect against freezing, you'd have to wrap the pipe with electrical heating tape.

Doug


On Mar 24, 2020, at 3:33 PM, Ron Johnson l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  

We had a place that had PVC outside and during the last major freeze, broke..  I replaced it with PEX.  Now I find out that due to UV light deteriorization, PEX cannot be used outside.  I thought of using the foam insulation but that, too has UV deteriorization problems.

Is there a simple way to solve this situation? I'd rather not rerun the line, if I don't have to.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Douglas L <sparks06524@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment