Cartoon Network

18 June 2020

[DIY] 2nd socket question, thanks

 

Sent this, but didn't see it online, want you to know I appreciate all your thoughts..


Thank you everyone, yes I can get the metal out with a pair of needle nose pliers.  I'll get a light and see if I can see what you're talking about on the socket.  I expected new sockets as he mentioned a price for each one.  Good idea to take some pictures in and ask him about the type of repair he did.

After thinking about it I'm wondering if he simply did something, so as to retain as much of the original wiring as possible.  He did that on an antique lamp I took in….said he was sure I didn't want a new cord on it.  At the time I just wanted to be able to use it, but since his speciality is antique lighting, he might do as little as possible to change the original wiring - which I guess would devalue the lights.  Not planning on selling them so hadn't thought about that.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jan Flood <oakridgefarm@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment