Cartoon Network

19 October 2014

[DIY] Comfortmaker Furnace

 

I recently purchased an "aesthetically" remodeled home. I did have a REAL home inspector (very rare) inspect the home before I purchased it. As I suspected, the plumbing, structure, and electrical needed updating or repair. The furnace was supposed to have been cleaned and any needed repairs made.  (Quit laughing.)  Due to NUMEROUS incidents, I had the home inspector return 3 months after I moved into my "forever home".  He verified that basically NOTHING had been done, per the contract the Seller had signed with me at Closing.  He did verify the house is livable.  I have used the furnace a couple of times after having a gas leak fixed.  The furnace has an electric "disconnect switch".  The other day, I noticed a humming sound.  When I flipped the switch off, the humming stopped.  (I discovered it had been off all summer and I assume the Seller's contractor left it off since it is in need of replacement or such.)  Can anyone tell me what the humming would be and if I can still use my furnace???    I sent a certified letter to the Seller the first of October demanding all items agreed to on the "Inspection Resolution" be corrected within 30 days.  In the meantime, the weather is cooling down.  I do have a gas fireplace in the livingroom that should be useful but I need a whole-house furnace system.  ANY SUGGESTIONS???  Thanks!!  Darci

__._,_.___

Posted by: redfoxtotem@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment