Cartoon Network

08 February 2015

Re: [DIY] Caulk

 

Carmen I am gluing warm glass pieces together.  Didnt think it was necessary to sand those surfaces. Maybe I should? These pieces are in my house and not exposed to the outside temperatures. 

I used Marine Glue on the one that came apart (after removing the 100% slicone) let it set overnight.. and it came apart too





Joyce aka Mom aka Nana


On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 8:10 AM, john stuart johnandcarmen@bellsouth.net [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Are you sanding or using a  dremel   with a small rotary cutter to scar up the surfaces where the two pieces go together?

The problem lies in the fact that the two pieces (or more) expand and contract differently when the temperatures are extreme.
Some people swear by the tube glue 6000E, I think the 100 Silicone in the tube (Home Depot) is what I have been using with success but I do think it is smart
to bring these pieces out of the garden and into a garage or carport over the winter months.
carmen

~~~~~~~~~

On Feb 7, 2015, at 7:38 AM, Joyce O theoldhen@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:

 

What are your recommendations for caulk?

I have been putting together a few glass totems... ( a stack of glass objects for displays or flower gardens)

Another crafter told me she uses Marine Goop and I have had great success with it, but it is not cost effective because of the price.

I just used Red Devil 100% silicone that we purchased at Menard's on sale  and some of my pieces came apart. Seems to take a long time to cure.

What are your thoughts? I need a clear caulk that won't break the bank, yet will hold up outdoors during the heat of the summer and rain. It also must hold good.

Should I stay with the Red Devil or go to another brand?



Joyce aka Mom aka Nana




__._,_.___

Posted by: Joyce O <theoldhen@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment