Cartoon Network

13 June 2015

Re: [DIY] Small hole fiberglass shower

 

Yes, epoxy works and usually is permenant.  I buy the $2 tubes from Harbor Freight, as once opened,  I found it is better to mix both tubes totally.  Once mixed, you might have one or two minutes working time.  That hole is very small.  I work with wood a lot and I know using epoxy as a wood filler - once sanded a little  will take paint.  I usually mix a little, very little, sawdust in with the epoxy and then with the small hole you describe, you might not need backing but you will need to sand it.  But I would forget it if you believe it is OK that the small patch shows.  A dab of matching paint and most likely no one will know that you patched a small hole.


Genoman


---In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, <virtualwilz@...> wrote :

I've found that epoxy works very well in the place of polyester resin.
I got some from a hobby store that was for model making.
It pretty much works a lot like polyester resin and cleans up with alcohol.
Putting a piece of tape on one side of the hole helps to develop a layer.
I found 5 minute and 30 minute epoxy. The five minute worked the best for me.
If you have some fiberglass matt to add to it, it works just the same as polyester resin.
I used it to fix a fiberglass body on a golf cart. It worked just like polyester resin without the smell, it also cleans up with alcohol.
The only thing was it was a yellowish clear color. But I found that oil based artists paints colored it quite well.
Steve

On 6/11/2015 8:47 AM, ClaudSat claudsat@... [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 

I have a 1/4x1/3 in hole in the shower wall at about 5.5 ft level. What is the best way to fix this. There is space behind the wall.

Sent from my iPhone
TotaTua
Claudia Satori


__._,_.___

Posted by: genoman45@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment