Cartoon Network

18 September 2011

[DIY] Ceramic Tile Floor Pattern, which is better?

 

HI, we're laying 18x18 ceramic tile squares, Daltile Mesa-something, a dusty sand/earthtone pattern no geometrics, anything like that.

I can't decide between having them laidd centered, or off-set.

We're the raised acadian -style house w plywood subfloor that's using the schluter-ditra mat, which btw we just laid yesterday afternoon, and will start the tile today.

Any advantages to setting them off-centered, regarding support?
I think I actually like the look of the centered, better, but it is a little boring. I'm thinking that the off set would be less prone to cracking along grout lines, but that's more work on my hubby who will basically be doing this job and I'm here as second eyes.

I can't find anything on the internet as far as pros and cons.

Thanks,

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment