Cartoon Network

27 May 2020

Re: [DIY] Cordless Skill Saw

 

Most of my tools are cord based, but I have a friend really into the cordless.
Since most of his tools are cordless, it boiled down to "what battery pack style to commit to".
The batteries are where they really kill you on cost.  I think he went with Rigid (Home depot house brand), and Ryobi (a couple of tools styles only in that line).

Most of his advice is for building out a cordless tool inventory: look for the promotional package deals, or the "sent to die" shelf at most Home Depot.
have a shelf set up with all the chargers that came with the different tools, keep as many batteries fully charged as possible, so when 1 battery is drained, on to the next.
He has been pretty happy with the cordless tools, works as a handyman. Has a power strip and charger farm in his on-site work van.

They are introducing larger batteries, which typically plug into the same form factor, giving more power and endurance, I think my friend has at least one cordless skill saw.

Cordless batteries have come a long way since I tried one and gave it up as junk, going back to the corded tools I've picked up over the years.
I'm willing to consider the Rigid line, if there is some need for cordless.


On 5/10/20 3:55 AM, Joyce O theoldhen@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
If any of you know anything about cordless skill saws please share your knowledge.
I want to buy one so when cutting boards outside I dont have to drag a cord but I dont want to waste my money on junk but cant spend $1,000 




Joyce aka Mom aka Joycie


__._,_.___

Posted by: Dave Uebele <daveu17@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (29)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment