Cartoon Network

16 May 2016

[DIY] Re: OUTSIDE SEWER LINE PROBLEMS

 

 
With just several "flat" spots and pvc pipe, I'm am puzzled by your having so many problems.

I've got a situation with a beach cottage just floating a few feet about the water table. I had to replace the sewer main and was told that there would have to be a "rise" in my pipe a few feet before it connected to the street main. The plumbers thought that hydrostatic pressure over time has caused the street main to rise in elevation. Thus my sewage has to go slightly uphill for a few feet. Does it cause problems? Yes, but minimal. Every three or so years I have to have the main snaked due to sediment buildnup. It's a small price to pay considering the alternatives like a holding tank with a pumping system.

You got two years without problems. I'd suspect that with proper cleanout, you'll get a similar time in the future. If not, buying a power snake from one of the discount tool suppliers would be the way to go. Do it yourself or get the help of someone to do it with you. Also around here the water authority offers insurance for both water mains and sewer lines. They will clean out the sewer line once a year per the insurance policy.

Don't put your faith in building permits. I've see too many times where having permits or not having them is irrelevant. I've seen shoddy word done after permits were issued, with no correction done hereafter. Being a vigilant homeowner is the best bet.

I'm a landlord with multiple rental properties and have seen almost everything in the sun for 40+ years. At least here in Connecticut, I've never heard of a current property owner being fined for work done by a past owner without a permit. I doubt that such a fine would stand up in court if challenged (and I'd surely challenge it). The most the local officials can do is to make you redo the work and/or pay the permit fee after the fact.

Doug

__._,_.___

Posted by: Douglas <sparks06524@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment