Cartoon Network

11 May 2016

Re: [DIY] French Drain

 

I can only relate my experience with a French drain.  We contracted to put one in.  It was about a 8" deep.  The slope was partly accomplished by the fact that the drain pipe followed the natural drain slope of the property. I send pictures, if you'll give me an email address or post them online at FLIKR


Bob

On May 10, 2016, at 11:11 AM, Ron Johnson l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 I have a property that is sitting in ... well, basically a bowl.  When it rains we get it fast and hard and we end up with a lake under the house.  We've been able to put two sump pumps under the house and it helps a lot.  But there's more work to do.  One thing is adding the downspout in the back (the uphill side) to the plumbing of the sump pump, running it under the house.  (By the way, it pumps water to the gutter so there's no problem with the city system getting it.) Then, I want to add a French Drain to the back and connect it to the drain from the back downspout. 
 
There is one question that I am concerned with, though: what is the minimum depth for a French drain? Too shallow and it might be stepped on and crushed, too deep and I won't get the slope I need to drain it to the pipe at the bottom of the downspout.
 
 

 


Virus-free. www.avast.com


__._,_.___

Posted by: Bob Davis <bob@wrobertdavis.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment