Cartoon Network

13 May 2016

[DIY] Water shut off valve

 

There is a 3/4 inch copper pipe that brings my water from the city.  The first thing it sees when it gets to the basement is a shut off valve - I think the correct name is gate valve.

That valve will not shut off the water.  It will only slow the flow to a trickle.The city has replaced my water meter twice and both times they had to turn off the water at the street before they removed the old meter.

I have purchased a brand new gate valve and it looks like it should come apart for clean up.  But I have put a lot of torgue on the thing and it only laughs at me.  My hope was that I could take the new one apart and see if cleaning out the valve body is a real possibllity.

The city will be happy to come out and turn off the water so I can work on this problem.  If I gp gorilla on the real valve, can I damage - bend - the copper water pipe?  If I get an impact wrench will that take the thing apart?  Most important, if I can get it apart, will I be able to clean up the valve body and just put the thing back together?

Thanks


Jerry Windows
Woodhaven, Mi

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jerry Hnidy <jhnidy@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment