Cartoon Network

01 October 2016

Re: [DIY] Refrigerators

 

I just had the thrill of buying a new refrigerator. Bought my old one around 1987 or 88. I was renting at that time and moved that frig with me when I bought my current house in 1989. It was a Frigidaire side by side with an outside extra door, doing the math it lasted around 28 years. I bought it from a local, reputable appliance store. I think it was a return too.
It suddenly went warm and I lost all my frozen foods along with just about everything in the frig side. So I had to act fast if I intended to keep eating at home. It was a Sunday, 3 day weekend too. I think it was Memorial Day weekend.
I'm a tightwad at heart so about the only place I looked was at Sears Outlet stores, had to go to a couple of them to find one suitable to me. I saw all the side by sides with the bottom freezers but most wouldn't fit in the space I had, plus the prices were pretty high even though they were marked down because they were all returns.
I decided to downsize from a side by side to a smaller unit with an upper freezer and lower frig. it had an ice maker but no dispenser, no water in the door or any of that. The price was only about $550 and it is another Frigidaire.
The old frig hadn't been keeping milk very well for years, it would spoil before it should. The new frig keeps milk, it seems almost indefinitely. Door seals on old frig were all rotted out.
Downsizing isn't such a bad idea. Its working for me but I'm a single guy so it makes sense for me.
Just my experience, I was as ignorant as anyone on models and qualities of brands. Just went by my eye and what features were in the model. So far, so good. Buying a frig is like buying a car, a little luck goes a long way.
Sears Outlets sells many brands. You just have took closely for what is missing or damaged. The prices are much lower than in retail stores.
Steve


On 9/30/2016 4:54 PM, Joyce O theoldhen@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 
Can you suggest a website or facebook page that  gives honest reviews on refrigerators?

We need  to  buy one before our 16 year old refrigerator gives out.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Steve Wilson <virtualwilz@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment