Cartoon Network

09 February 2018

[DIY] AFCI

 

I am installing a new electrical service (yes I am an LLE) but since I don't do this often was rereading a few things and I have come across a situation about the AFCI's.  


First, this place is still going by the 2008 NFPA 70, so we aren't as up-to-date as the rest of the country.   But I was rereading the language used in 210.12 and it appears that every room except the bathroom, and perhaps basement and attic need an AFCI.  (The 2017 NEC includes the kitchen and laundry room that the 2008 doesn't, but I'll put it in despite the cost - I did see a combination AFCI-GFCI circuit breaker for the kitchen at Lowes.)


Am I reading this right?  If the fridge is on an AFCI and it trips, it could sit for a while before someone notices the situation and the food might get ruined.  

__._,_.___

Posted by: Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment