Cartoon Network

19 January 2015

Re: [DIY] Big dogs out, little dogs in

 

Little dogs: Chihuahuas? Jack Russels?  BIG DIFFERENCE!

 Chicken wire or rabbit fencing  and drive-in fence posts will work for a chihuahua,  Shih Tzu,  Papillon,   but most likely NOT a JR. or any other varmint -hunting dog that digs.
An option is a Sam's Club *carport* 10 by 20 for $250.00 that would work with chicken wire.... and be converted into many other home-friendly areas .. screened in area, shade area...  your imagination is your limit.
carmen
~~



On Jan 18, 2015, at 1:22 PM, David Cox dcwired@att.net [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:

 

Not sure if it will work for you, but it comes to mind that I have seen advertized pet doors that only open when your specific pet, wearing a special collar or tag, attempts to use it.  Like a garage door opener signal sort of thing.  Just a thought.


On 1/18/2015 10:18 AM, Kathryn Berck ksrberck@prodigy.net [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 

So here is my dilemma: I planned, in my new house, to insert a dog door
in the wall at the back porch so that my dogs could come and go as they
please. The house acre is well-fenced and they know not to leave the
property. That way I could be away for more hours of the day than would
otherwise make me feel guilty.

Then my daughter asked me to keep her dogs while she breaks up with her
husband, moves, finds a job, gets a place to live, etc, etc. No problem
and I'm happy to help EXCEPT that her dogs are teeny and can slip
through or under any respectable 4X4, and love to go walkabout. So far
my daughter has only gotten as far as the 'moves (in with her sister's
family temporarily)' part.

I do not/not want to have to fence an acre with $$ 2X4 that they could
figure a way out of anyway. I do not want to confine the big,
respectable dogs to the house while I'm out for the day and evening. I
don't want to cage the teeny dogs for that length of time, either.

I've gotten as far in the thinking process as 1. put in the dog door,
and 2. figure out a way that the little guys can go out, but only into a
small area while the big ones can go farther. And that's where I'm
stuck. I thought of a low, maybe 2', chain link interior fence to keep
the little guys in a smaller area, but they can jump like rabbits and
the big ones are elderly and can't climb or jump much.

help?

--




carmen stuart
Brightwood Aviary
Dawsonville, Ga.
770  889-0353

__._,_.___

Posted by: "carmen s." <mom2mini@bellsouth.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment