Cartoon Network

09 September 2017

[DIY] How to reset a Carrier furnace

 

My Carrier central-heating furnace (circa 2000) went out right before spring. We've just left it alone for the past six months but now that fall is around the corner, it's time to look at it again.

The issue is that the when you turn it on, the igniter doesn't start. I've read this can be everything from a faulty igniter to a faulty controller to the unit simply needing a reset.

Ours is tucked away in the attic, so it's a bit of a process to go check it out. I've seen videos on identifying the error codes, so I know we have to do that. For the reset part, I wasn't quite sure how to do that. I downloaded the manual and I didn't see anything about an on/off switch. Is it a breaker? I didn't see a label for it, but I'm just a very low-level DIY person, I could be missing something.

So I guess I wanted to see how I could do that before either hiring someone or doing some other deeper work that could potentially kill myself.

Any other low-hanging fruit worth looking at now?

Also, we did have a power outage over the summer. Would that effectively reset the furnace? And if so, does the fact that it still doesn't work nullify the "reset the darn thing" possibility?

Thanks!

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigmikechen@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment