Cartoon Network

17 September 2017

[DIY] Re: "Leaky" sprayer

 

I had that issue but found that the connection to the spout was dripping a bit.  I called the manufacturer and with a lifetime warranty, they sent replacement parts.  I installed the faucet seven years ago.


Before receiving the replacement parts, a new hose and spout, I use Xtreme tape and it worked but the spout then would not fit completely back into the stem.   I am thinking of replacing the Faucet with one that has a high arch spout.  So the water drains down into the sink rather than back down the spout.  Hope that makes sense.   


---In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, <l0c0l0b0@...> wrote :

I was able to solve the problem. Not exactly ideal, but it doesn't leak anymore.  Because the hose had a snap-on connecction, I had to cut the hose to the sprayer and put a 3/8" brass barbed adapter with a plug on the end.  Yes, there was a hose clamp involved.  I changed the aerator for one of those spray/stream fixtures on the spout. 

 

If I couldn't get the hose sealed, I was prepared to change the entire faucet.  About $150 cost. The main thing is that it doesn't leak.

 


From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of Ron Johnson l0c0l0b0@... [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, September 4, 2017 6:35 PM
To: YahooGroup DIY
Subject: [DIY] "Leaky" sprayer
 
 

I've had a situation for some time and it's really irritating me.  The sprayer on the kitchen faucet, a wonderful little thing, has a major flaw.  If you have wet hands when you grab it or put it back into it's cradle, water from your hands runs down the hose and drips under the sink.  I don't remember them having that problem when they first came out - I think they had something in the cradle designed to prevent it.

 

Does anyone know what can be done to keep the water from flowing down the tube?  I'm getting to the point where I'm seriously considering replacing them with a faucet that has a sprayer as part of the spout.  With 24 units, that's a cost I'd like to avoid, if possible.

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: genoman45@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment