Cartoon Network

03 April 2015

[DIY] Dryer Outlet

 

Dryer stopped working about a year or so ago.  I replaced the non-resettable thermal fuse and cleaned out the impacted lint tube (which was likely the cause of the overheating).  One other thing I did notice back then was that one of the wire heads that connected to the heating coil element didn't look very good.  The insulation near the head wasn't looking very good at all and the head itself looked partially corroded (I think I had posted pictures in the files section).

Fast forward.  The dryer just recently stopped working again.  I checked for continuity with a multi-meter on all of the dryer parts.  Everything seemed to be okay except the connector pins for the heating coil area (but correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure there would actually be continuity there since it's just an adapter to receive the wires on one side and then receive the coils on the other?). And a note for anyone checking....when you check for continuity on the dryer power switch, you need to actually push the power button while checking.

So, the dryer seems fine though I suspect I should replace the wires that head to the coils.

However, the 3 prong dryer outlet (2 hot, 1 common which looks like an "L") did not read any voltage whatsoever.

Here's the problem.  I have no idea which breaker this outlet goes to.  None of the breakers were tripped. What should I be looking for in order to locate the breaker?  A double breaker pair switch and 3 wires?

Also, I read that in addition to checking for voltage on the outlet, I should check for a voltage reading on the breaker itself.  Is that correct?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.


__._,_.___

Posted by: subprong <subprong@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment