Cartoon Network

04 April 2015

[DIY] repair of oven in stove appliance ?

 


I have a Whirlpool self cleaning electric stove  labeled "Super Capacity 465"

on the face that is probably 30 years old.   The control face switches

are electronic touch panels instead of manual knobs etc. that control

the oven operation.    The last time the oven was used was 15 years

ago  ( I used the oven for cabinet storage space)  when I bought

the house so I know it has not been worn out.   In any case all

the glass stove top burners work but the oven  switch panel 

fails to even turn on or light up any of the lights showing temp adjustments etc.


I hate to spend $5 or $6 hundred dollars for a new stove that

has a working oven but it will be unavoidable since I have a lady

friend who likes to bake....  UNLESS I can fix mine.     I dont want to

waste $150 on a service call if it cant be fixed or the fix will be 

super expensive.


So,  in diagnosing/troubleshooting the problem  I assume we

try to narrow it to the switch area or to the electric coils area

first.   If I could be real lucky perhaps I could just find a plug

or electrical contact that needs corrosion removed so that

a good contact and conduction can be made.


I'm guessing good used stove/ovens might be had in the

$300 region.


Does anyone have experience fixing these kinds of appliances?


Maybe I could sell it to another batchelor as a stove only appliance

with cabinet storage for $75 bucks to subsidize a replacement.


I work a lot on computers and am familiar with  component swap outs

instead of real repair work these days and am wondering if that is

what I will have to try with the stove.   I assume the first step

would be to replace the electronic switch panel and see if that works.


What is the likely cost for a switch panel and good places to purchase from ?


Thanks

Scott in Atlanta, GA




__._,_.___

Posted by: 2scott@bellsouth.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment