Cartoon Network

30 July 2015

[DIY] Grout Cleaning

 

I have 2 different grout problems.  I just installed tiles in a bathroom.  I wiped it with a sponge within a half hour to an hour.  When it dried, it still have grout on it since the tiles are a very light tan and the grout matches it pretty well.  The tile has a finished surface but is textured something like how natural slate is slightly textured.  When the water from the sponge was dried, I noticed that grout was in the textured spots.  I then used a green mesh pad like those used for washing dishes.  Again when it dried there were still grout spots.  I've done this about 6 times in the bathroom and it is getting slightly better but also getting frustrating.  i noticed a formula on the net using hot water and sugar.  Has anyone tried it/  I looked at Lowes and HD but neither had any grout remover.  I also looked for black grill scrubbers made of black mesh but could not find those at 3 stores including Lowes and HD.  I also used tiles as a baseboard and grout is on there also.  Any suggestions?


The second problem is grout on a kitchen/hallway/bathroom area I did a few years ago. I did not use textured tile on this floor.   The grout lines are getting dirty even though I sealed it.  What is the best way to clean it so I do not have to reclean it again?  I have some muratic acid.  Would a dilute mixture work?


Thanks

GB

__._,_.___

Posted by: greatyoga@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment