Cartoon Network

12 July 2015

Re: [DIY] Kitchen Sink Drain

 

Like you, I got frustrated with my similar installation.  So I decided to take the bull by the horns and put in a new, higher capacity disposal and repipe the drain to eliminate the clogging.


I installed a 1 HP disposal with two stage cutting (Home depot).  Since it was a mere bolt in proposition to use the old drain arrangement, I decided to give it a whirl.  To my surprise, the new disposal did a magnificent job, chopping anything I fed it to tiny bits that flowed easily in the drain.  I could feed it as fast as I could push things into it and it did not clog.  Its been in place almost a year and never clogged.

Bob

On Jul 11, 2015, at 1:06 PM, ddj0195@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

But, is the problem really the pipe or is there something wrong with the function of the garbage disposer? I'm quite tired of dismantling the drains in order to remove food from this one section of drain pipe.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Bob Davis <bob@wrobertdavis.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment