Cartoon Network

16 July 2015

Re: [DIY] Pump output line

 

I am not a hydraulic engineer however I know that when a pipe a "necked" down he pressure increases. My sump exited with to 2" ID pipe. I machined a filleting to to 2" PVC. My neighbor shoved a 1-1/4 piece of PVC up the 2 " opening and I have no trouble and his backs up into to his house. Always remember that increasing the pipe size reduces the pressure which is the last thing you want to do. I causes problems, mot immediately but in a couple of years, when you cannot flush without a backup you will remember my words.


chucknjeanV
Photographs at:
There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. P. J. O'Rouke


From: "Ron Johnson l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
To: YahooGroup DIY <doit_yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:48 PM
Subject: [DIY] Pump output line



I have a situation with a sump pump I'm going to be putting in .  We have a spring under a house that flows after it rains a day or so.  When we get lots of rain, it floods. I'd like to set up a Utilitech 1/3 hp sump pump that has a 1 1/2" output with a 1 1/4" adapter.  It's a long run so I'd like to use the rest of my 3/4" pex pipe.  Do you think this might cause any problems?  Maybe burn out the motor?
 
 




__._,_.___

Posted by: Chuck Vischulis <seaavee@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment