Cartoon Network

02 September 2015

Re: [DIY] Running Cat 5e

 

I just have an editorial comment.  I haven't put wire in houses for at least five years.  Wireless has become so good that I don't see any reason to mess with wired.


Bob

On Sep 1, 2015, at 2:13 PM, Ron Johnson l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


We moved and my wife's office has the modem.  My computer is not set up for WiFi, so I ran a cable from her office to mine by using two Cat 5e plates and cutting the ends off a wire and screwing onto the terminals on the back.  I did this in the last house without problems.  But for some reason it doesn't work here.  I used a different 5e line and ran through the house and it works.  So I know both the modem and my computer work fine.  
 
I've checked and rechecked my connections and, though I've switched a few wires, the colors are the same on both sides:  Clockwise from the top the colors on the plate are blue, black, orange, red, green, yellow, brown and white.  The colors from the wire are blue, blue/white, orange, orange/white, green, green/white, brown, and brown/white respectively.  It should work.
 
I'm wondering if there is anything else that could cause a problem.  Could running it across a 110v line interfere with it?  
 
 

 



__._,_.___

Posted by: Bob Davis <bob@wrobertdavis.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment