Cartoon Network

18 April 2016

Re: [DIY] How to install clear/grey water

 

Grey water...

When I lived in CA, the grey water from the washing machine drained through
pipes, then a wide hose, out behind the house. This was all above ground.
During the drought of the 1970's, I used that grey water to water my
garden - all above ground veggies...corn, peas, melons, artichokes, etc. and
my flax plot.

Now I live in WNY (western NY state) and my grey water from the washer
drains through buried pipes to an underground "container" of some sort.
Since the house was built around 1900 and I'm not going to dig up my yard to
find out exactly what that container is, I'd guess it's a barrel of some
sort which lets the water filter out into the soil. I doubt it has leech
lines. Needless to say those drain lines and "barrel" are below the freeze
zone underground, other wise I wouldn't be able to do laundry in the winter.

Just my experience. YMMV.

Sandaidh
sandaidh@atlanticbb.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Sandaidh" <sandaidh@atlanticbb.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment