Cartoon Network

03 December 2016

[DIY] Shower P-trap

 

We bought a building about 6 years ago and I had to rip out the shower on the top floor.  The entire bathroom is a little raised, which makes me think this is an afterthought.  The drain pipes run under the raised section till it attaches to the rest of the plumbing. 


Lately, we've had a drip in the unit below and I think I might have done the drain a little wrong.  Silicone stops the water but then it starts again after a month or so.  Fortunately the tenant is leaving the apartment soon so I will be ripping out the shower again.  Hopefully, I can do it right this time.  That's why God made YouTube.


My question is this: does the P-trap for the shower HAVE to be underneath it?  Can't the line run a couple feet before the trap? I would think that as long as the trap is between the drain and the next pipe junction, it would serve it's purpose.  And what about an in-line trap; is that legal for this situation? I would think so for a shower.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment