Cartoon Network

26 March 2015

[DIY] Re: Small Engine Carb fuel lines (Solved)

 

Thanks Ray, Terry, MM and Bob.

I went to a local hardware store as suggested (I'm not familiar with any lawn stores around here).  They had only two sizes in stock.  1/8" and 5/16".  The 5/16" matched one of the hose sizes.  The other hose on the carb (the hose that pushes the fuel into the tank) did not seem to match either one.  The internal circumference actually seemed to be between the sizes of the two available if that's even possible. I measured by comparing how far an ice pick would enter into each tube before hitting resistance. I made sure that I wasn't measuring via a flared end. And not to mention that the tube thickness was twice as thick as the tubes at the hardware store. 

I really needed both hoses however I was able to get the blower working again by just replacing the one.  The 2nd hose I wanted to replace in order to also have a new one at the same time.... but also because I clipped the flared end for measurement purposes and figured it would be too short to reinstall.  It was a bit tricky and the line is more taught than I'd like but it's working.

A big credit to Husqvarna for having a rubber plug seated into the gas tank that can be removed and reinserted.  The 2 fuel lines get inserted into that plug and then the plug can be popped back into the fuel tank.  Much easier to deal with then trying to fish it tightly into gas tank holes.

__._,_.___

Posted by: subprong <subprong@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment