Cartoon Network

29 March 2015

Re: [DIY] spiders now

 

The area I work in always had these brown spiders, they are Golden Orb Weavers, spin a lot of web but are otherwise harmless but don't look harmless. They look like a brown, black widow, about the same size when they get mature and the web is strong like a black widow too. They got into everything. I work in a printshop and it got spider junk in everything. The area the shop is in is a dairy area, it attracts a large fauna of small insects for food for spiders. The area I Iive in , 25 miles from work, doesn't have the same insects at all.
We fought them for years. I asked a pest guy to spray for them and they did but the spiders are elusive. Most insecticides, specially the harmless types, you have to get on the insect for them to be effective.
The last couple of summers here in Southern California have been more mild than the previous summers in the 2000's. The hotter it gets the more these spiders thrive. The cooler summers really helped cut their numbers, nothing else.
Most spiders are harmless, just creepy. Unless you have brown recluse. I heard a lot of the country is having real trouble with them.
I don't know a solution for spiders unfortunately. Just telling my experience.
Steve

On 3/28/2015 6:22 PM, jcwaml@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 

We may have cut back on the wasps with Pyrethrins, yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!............or might be the weather. 

So do you guys do spiders ?  Also pyrethrins??    I know they are in or under and maybe also in the mechanics of my trundle bed...........makes me squirmy.  And Pyrethrins won't hurt me  or my cat that sleep there...........right?  So I can spray the bed with them (and maybe sleep elsewhere that night?)  Or is there something better to kill spiders in a currently used bed?  Suggestions appreciated!!!!!.


Ally


__._,_.___

Posted by: Steve Wilson <virtualwilz@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment