Cartoon Network

01 September 2014

[DIY] Unlevel sill

 

When it came time to replace my pedestrian door from the garage to the outside world, I went out and bought a nice prehung steel door.

One the first day of the install, I noticed that the wooden door that I was removing was cut off at the bottom rather crudely.  I did not realize why this was done until I tried to install the new one.

Now I have the new door installed level and straight but I have noticed that the clearance at the bottom goes from zero to 1/2 inch over the 3 foot door width.

And sure enough, if you lay a level on the sill it is clear that nobody cared about getting that part of the house level.

Can I just mix up some concrete and force it under the new aluminum sill or is there some other way to give the sill some support?  I fear if I just caulk it, if somebody steps on the sill it will bend all out of shape.

Any ideas are welcome.

 
Jerry's Win 8 Laptop 
Woodhaven, Mi

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jerry Hnidy <jhnidy@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment