Cartoon Network

21 September 2014

Re: [DIY] Plexiglass

 

You can also get clear PVC which is much easier to work with, but you may have to order it online.  US Plastics is a good place to start.
Dale in the Flatlands. "Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous."
nanmaas@sbcglobal.net [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 

I needed a piece of plexiglass about 12x18" for a craft project I'm doing.  When I went to a glass store and told them I needed to drill a few small holes in it I was told Plexiglass would shatter and I needed Polycarbonate.  I think she may have used another name for it but this is what's on the wrapper.


I am wondering if this is correct, about breaking during drilling.  I was stunned with the price of the piece I bought.  It's 3/8" thick and over $15.  I haven't bought stuff like this before.  Guess I lead a sheltered life! 


Nancy


__._,_.___

Posted by: Dale S <dalu@hbcomm.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Improvements in Yahoo Groups Search
Searching for new groups to join is easier than ever. We've honed our algorithm to bring you better search results based on relevance and activity. Try it today!

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment