Cartoon Network

13 September 2014

Re: [DIY] Generator to fridge connection

 

Chuck- question-- Can the gen be connected to your setup with the 50 still
on and the 30 on as well? If so then you have an issue
with forgetting to turn off breakers.  Not sure if I understand
your wiring from your post..

anyway...the xfer switch completely eliminates ANY chance
of feedback becasue the xfer action disconnects the main
panel (selected) breakers and connects to the gen without
havuig to remember anything or plug in anything or throw
any other breakers...
 
____________________




Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber


From: "Chuck Vischulis seaavee@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
To: "DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2014 4:39 AM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Generator to fridge connection

 
I installed a separate breaker panel to feed my air compressor (in garage), my furnace, sump pump, and freeze/refrigerator, along with one line in my basement.
I feed this panel via a 50 amp double pole breaker.
When needed I turnoff the 50 amp breaker and turn on the (30 amp, 2 pole breaker) which feeds the air compressor.
The generator is connected to the air compressor line in the garage ( 3 wire plugs) and the generator started.
This eliminates the chance of back feeding the incoming line.

If you feed the entire panel you Must turn off the main breaker!
 
chucknjeanV
Photographs at:
There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. P. J. O'Rouke


On Friday, September 12, 2014 3:26 PM, "Jerry Hnidy jhnidy@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:




 Before last Christmas, Menard's ran a sale on gas powered generators.  So I grabbed one.  It stayed in the box until last weekend.

After my power failure was 12 hours old, I finally got off my dead butt and opened the box.  After I poured in all the fluids, I fired it up.

Then I had to pull the fridge away from the wall and get a small child to slip behind the unit and pull out the plug.  Then I fed the fridge with an extension cord.

Told my neighbor that next time, I was going to pull the main breaker and plug the generator into an outside outlet.  Then close the breaker to the outside plug and the fridge.  Of course the outside plug and the fridge would have to be on the same side of the breaker box.

Neighbor said he had been told that is a very bad idea.

Anybody know why?


Jerry's Win 8 Laptop 
Woodhaven, Mi






__._,_.___

Posted by: Mountain Master <mountain953346@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment