Cartoon Network

27 January 2018

[DIY] How to Snake an Elbow?

 

There seems to be a blockage in the static trap of a waste line used to receive the grey water from a washing machine.  

I'm attaching a photo of the nightmare pipe configuration.  If I need to upload to the group site, please let me know.  I believe the only way to dismantle this thing would be to hacksaw it and rebuild it.  Please note that the pipes continue upward (from the photo) for about a foot or so.

I've tried to snake it.  It's a manual winder....1/4" I believe.  I wound it both ways, several times.  It does not move past the elbow.  I've tried sticking a hose into it as well as a corrugated plastic tube and even a bendy piece of metal.  I finagled a tube system in order to try and dry vac the blockage out.  However, only black water was sucked out.  I've also added baking soda and vinegar but have not messed with it after that.

Any idea on what I can use or purchase cheap in order to unblock this?  Is there a specific type of snake or system that is designed for 90 degree elbows..  My only thought it was of those bladders that connect to a hose.  Thanks.




__._,_.___

Posted by: subprong <subprong@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment