Cartoon Network

10 January 2018

Re: [DIY] Is this a natural gas issue with new dryer?eee

 

Have you talked to your local fire department? They may have the equipment to detect a leak and may be free; if not, your peace of mind is worth the contractor's charge!



On January 10, 2018, at 12:33 AM, "bigmikechen@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

We had a new washer/dryer installed two weeks ago. They are working fine, but I am suspect of the installtion craftsmanship because the installer (third party via Best Buy) was lazy with our fridge, which was installed at the same time.

Because of that, I may be hyper sensitive. I have sniffed all around the dryer for natural gas leaks and have not found anything. However -- and I might be imagining things -- it seems like sometimes after I open the laundry doors after a few days, I get a hint of smell for just an instant and then it goes away. It doesn't linger long enough for me to tell if it's gas (garlic) or if it's something else (maybe the odor off of new appliance internal equipment, like a belt or internal rubber gasket or whatever).

It's not like when we had a new oven installed and the momentary disconnect of the gas line had the whole kitchen stinking for a few minutes. This is a flash that comes and goes.

Am I being paranoid? Best Buy are extremely difficult to deal with, so I don't know if I should just call a local HVAC guy to check it out and shell out the $200 to be safe. Or if I should get a handheld detector and check it myself?  It's not something I can repeatedly detect, so I'm not sure if it's just in my head or it's so benign that it's not a big deal.



__._,_.___

Posted by: mike shoaf <mike.shoaf@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment