Cartoon Network

11 January 2018

Re: [DIY] Is this a natural gas issue with new dryer?eee

 

Two follow-up questions -- if there was a minor leak, would I be smelling it elsewhere? The washer/dryer alcove is located at the top of the stairs between all four bedrooms. It is right next to the ceiling vent intake -- and, for what it's worth, the diaper pail.

The reason I ask is that I haven't gotten any hint of a smell anywhere else in the house. It has only been a handful of times when I've opened the double laundry doors to the alcove and for just a split second before it goes away (my dog's farts last longer), and I can't recreate it regularly. All other stories I've read about gas detection, mostly from reviews of detectors, is that the smell lingers enough to detect.

I'm definitely not trying to be cheap with this given the safety involved. I ask the question above more to help isolate the problem or if all evidence points to something else. If I called my HVAC guy, I don't want to send him looking at the wrong thing if it seems like the info above might mean something different.

Also, I've been looking at plug-in methane detectors (with CO detection, which would replace our old CO monitor) and handheld ones with a probe tube. Anyone have experience with either? Is one better to have than the other?

Thanks for your help!

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigmikechen@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment