Cartoon Network

31 December 2011

Re: [DIY] Fireplace insert

 

They will place an exhaust flue into your existing chimney that connects to the insert. I burn wood in my insert so I am not certain why you would want to plan for a new owner to burn wood by removing it unless you were wanting to use gas in your insert? Some areas of the country will only allow pellets or gas (propane) for air quality reasons. You might want to check this before choosing an insert.


-Lee

On Dec 30, 2011, at 4:03 PM, Tori wrote:

 

Ive decided in order to heat a room, I should make use of the never used old fireplace by investing in a fireplace insert. The question is: I've made calls to a company that inspects cleans and supplies stoves n inserts but Im not getting a straight answer on what I need to do. Do I need to get the chimney inspected first and energy efficient ready? Or will that actually be resolved with the purchase of the insert and their sealing of the area. To me, the insert is temporary so the next owner can use wood if they want so it seems I need to check out the usability of the chimney first? Also, in what case would one buy an insert from a big box store? Of course safety is a concern.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment