Cartoon Network

17 March 2014

Re: [DIY] broken radio

 

I think I used to have a similar radio to yours but I can't find it, I must have discarded it.
The one I fixed was a stock radio for a Ford. I don't exactly remember how I exposed the volume control but it wasn't that difficult on that model. It was kind of obvious for me but I don't remember much of the details.
I'm thinking yours may be more of a push button system than a twist volume control. The Ford systems volume control worked by pressing the volume control and twisting it. There were 4 solder leads that had all broken. Just resoldering fixed it.
There are some USB radios that are fairly inexpensive. I bought a Dual brand that was only $75 new but it allowed an alternator whine I couldn't eliminate. Got a Kenwood as a replacement for $150 and it works really well. I got a 64 gigabyte thumb drive for it, it holds over 125 full albums and a lot more singles. That plays for weeks before I ever hear the same music over.
Got both at Fry's Electronics. There are a lot of online places to look too.
This is sort of what the stock radio looked like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-2000-E350-SD-Super-Duty-Van-Radio-AM-FM-Upgraded-w-Auxiliary-Aux-Input-/321342825826?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad1866562&vxp=mtr
Its a basic radio but ours in the Ford has 6 presets but no tape or CD. I think the face plate came off by prying a few plastic clasps around the edges but I'm not sure, can't recall. It took a pair of special tools to remove it from the dash. Its just 4 wire pins that unlock 4 latches on the sides of the radio. Then it slid out. Found the tools on eBay cheap.
None of that helps you though. I never tried to take my Pioneer apart. It had major failures in it, wasn't worth trying to fix. Don't remember throwing it away but I haven't found it yet. I found the Dual brand USB radio but not the Pioneer.
If I find the Pioneer I'll look at it but if I don't post anything, I didn't find it.
Steve

On 3/16/2014 3:45 PM, greatyoga@yahoo.com wrote:
 

Steve,

 

Thanks for the reply.  I will check out getting a USB drive.  In the meantime, how did you get the housing apart to get to the volume knob?

 

Thanks

GB


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment