Cartoon Network

01 March 2014

Re: [DIY] Drywall

 

We are not professionals by any means... but when we drywalled years ago we put on the layer of mud... the paper (I liked the netted type best) and then a layer of that. When it was dry I sanded ... I only put another layer on if I had to.

I also used regular primer before painting.





Joyce aka Mom aka Nana



On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 1:31 AM, subprong <subprong@gmail.com> wrote:
 

I'm looking to paint some unpainted old drywall in a garage.  From what I gather, you need to apply mud to the joints then immediately apply the tape and mud over them again (then sand when dry).  How many more coats are absolutely necessary?  I watched a video where they applied 3 coats.  I'm not looking for perfection but also don't want weak and cracking joints.

Also, I assumed that you just prime and paint the drywall. However, upon further reading, I discovered that there is actually a drywall specific primer.  Is this what everyone uses for drywall.....is it necessary vs regular primer?

Any additional tips or advice would as well be appreciated.  Thanks.


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (22)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment