Cartoon Network

01 March 2014

Re: [DIY] Drywall

 

it really depends on where the drywall is.  For a garage, mud/tape/mud is fine.

If it's in a living area, mud/tape/mud and then additional mud and feathering.

I also don't dry sand.  I just use a damp, large sponge.   A LOT less of a mess.

If I'm in a hurry, I hit the mud with a blow dryer.

As for primer.  I use Behr combination primer and paint and it works fine.


-aki


On 03/01/2014 07:28 AM, Joyce O wrote:
 
We are not professionals by any means... but when we drywalled years ago we put on the layer of mud... the paper (I liked the netted type best) and then a layer of that. When it was dry I sanded ... I only put another layer on if I had to.

I also used regular primer before painting.





Joyce aka Mom aka Nana



On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 1:31 AM, subprong <subprong@gmail.com> wrote:
 
I'm looking to paint some unpainted old drywall in a garage.  From what I gather, you need to apply mud to the joints then immediately apply the tape and mud over them again (then sand when dry).  How many more coats are absolutely necessary?  I watched a video where they applied 3 coats.  I'm not looking for perfection but also don't want weak and cracking joints.

Also, I assumed that you just prime and paint the drywall. However, upon further reading, I discovered that there is actually a drywall specific primer.  Is this what everyone uses for drywall.....is it necessary vs regular primer?

Any additional tips or advice would as well be appreciated.  Thanks.


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (23)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment