Cartoon Network

01 March 2014

Re: [DIY] displaying a rock collection?

 

In any case, you need to bolt the supporting members to the studs. do NOT try to hang on the sheetrock. Also, you heed to use at least six or eight lag screws for this- about 3 1/2 inches in length. Those rocks are heavy.


KrazyKyngeKorny (Krazy, not stupid)




On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Jan Flood <jan.flood2@att.net> wrote:
 

I know a way to do it but not sure what it’s called.  We’ve used it to hang a mantle over the fireplace.  Choose a piece of wood long enough to extend side to side, angle the top back edge of the board.  Bolt it to the wall.  Basically do the same thing on the back of your shelf, with opposite cuts.  The shelves “hang” on the piece of wood that is bolted to the wall.  I’m sure one of the guys can give you a more detailed description and instructions.



On Feb 27, 2014, at 10:14 PM, john stuart <johnandcarmen@bellsouth.net> wrote:

I've got a rock collection that I want to display on shelves that are 1 by 6 and I have quite a collection and some are almost 3 lbs.
Is there an inexpensive way of attaching those shelves to a wall? I need a sturdy bracket or maybe someone can suggest a homemade solution.
The brackets I've seen are about 50ç each and I'd need a lot of them.
carmen


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment