Cartoon Network

09 July 2014

Re: [DIY] Electric outlet fails; tell me what to do and I'll do it (carefully)

 

is this the only outlet not working? sounds kinda strange. get a receptacle tester/analyzer while at the hardware store and start checking others nearby. these analyzers usually have 3 lights on them which will light up differently according to what is happening at the plug. have you checked to see if a GFCI receptacle has tripped? your faulty plug may be installed downstream of a GFCI receptacle which having tripped has shut off power to your plug. let us know what you find!


On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 10:28 PM, "ctg@tampabay.rr.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
I noticed my night light wasn't on and tried to plug a new one in. Nope.

 So it's get a screwdriver, take off the face plate, throw the breaker, take out the old outlet, go to HD or Lowes and take it with me, and buy another one just like the other one. Or should I ask my knowledgeable neighbor to do it? Seems as though it would be simple enough for untrained hands as long as I'm careful.

Carol In Valrico FL


__._,_.___

Posted by: Mike Shoaf <mike.shoaf@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment