Cartoon Network

09 July 2014

Re: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: [DIY] Electric outlet fails; tell me what to do and I'll do it (carefully)

 

 
 
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 11:00 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: [DIY] Electric outlet fails; tell me what to do and I'll do it (carefully)
 
  Yes, other plugs in house work.

It is possible to do it as described, but there is no guarantee that is the problem.  Do all other plugs work in the house?
Is it the end of the line with only one set of wires at this plug (1 black, white, and green or bare)? I don't' know yet.
 
Does this plug look burnt? I haven't thrown the breaker yet, just removed the plate.
 
No burning showing.
 
I would buy a non-contact type of voltage tester to make sure the wires are off before doing any work.

On 7/8/2014 9:09 PM, ctg@tampabay.rr.com [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 

I noticed my night light wasn't on and tried to plug a new one in. Nope.


So it's get a screwdriver, take off the face plate, throw the breaker, take out the old outlet, go to HD or Lowes and take it with me, and buy another one just like the other one. Or should I ask my knowledgeable neighbor to do it? Seems as though it would be simple enough for untrained hands as long as I'm careful.


Carol In Valrico FL


__._,_.___

Posted by: "Carol Griffin" <ctg@tampabay.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment