Cartoon Network

16 November 2014

RE: [DIY] Re: CCTV System

 

First let me say that I am disabled and would have to find someone to climb the ladders and connect the cameras up. I have been looking on YouTube at various methods of running cables, the BNC leads with the power leads attached and using separate coax lead and power lead, but the one I favour is the Cat6 cable.

All the videos show that I have seen show that they just stick up a camera, tack a cable to wall and all is well. They don't show where cables are connected.

 

1st question is this, how long are the tails on the cameras and presumably should I have to have a waterproof junction box for the terminations.

2nd question, would each camera focus itself

3rd question, what TVL would be best to go for. Highest I can afford ..... ?

4th question, a little like 3. Is highest price the best ..... ?

5th question, are all the DVR boxes pretty much the same, or again is it a case of what you can afford. I have a 1Tb hard drive so to cut the cost down a little, I could install that

 

Jim

 

From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 10 November 2014 12:19
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] Re: CCTV System

 

 

I can help you, what advice do you need?

 

Steve

__._,_.___

Posted by: G1SSO <radioamateur.g1sso@googlemail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment