Cartoon Network

16 November 2014

Re: [DIY] Re: CCTV System

 

I bought a Rear Safety View 3 camera system for my RV,with 7" screen.
All cables were labeled and worked perfectly 1st time installed and
were of generous lengths.

Been working perfectly now over a year and customer service is great
and gear is "aircraft" quality...ie, severe rain and snow phased them not!

I believe they make or could be used for CCTV and a Sony 24 or 48 hour DVD recorder
as their video has recorder outputs..(with audio)

I have no problem giving them a 5 star recommendation,..

R
 
____________________




Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber


From: "G1SSO radioamateur.g1sso@googlemail.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2014 10:46 AM
Subject: RE: [DIY] Re: CCTV System

 
First let me say that I am disabled and would have to find someone to climb the ladders and connect the cameras up. I have been looking on YouTube at various methods of running cables, the BNC leads with the power leads attached and using separate coax lead and power lead, but the one I favour is the Cat6 cable.
All the videos show that I have seen show that they just stick up a camera, tack a cable to wall and all is well. They don't show where cables are connected.
 
1st question is this, how long are the tails on the cameras and presumably should I have to have a waterproof junction box for the terminations.
2nd question, would each camera focus itself
3rd question, what TVL would be best to go for. Highest I can afford ..... ?
4th question, a little like 3. Is highest price the best ..... ?
5th question, are all the DVR boxes pretty much the same, or again is it a case of what you can afford. I have a 1Tb hard drive so to cut the cost down a little, I could install that
 
Jim
 


From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 10 November 2014 12:19
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] Re: CCTV System
 
 
I can help you, what advice do you need?
 
Steve


__._,_.___

Posted by: Mountain Master <mountain953346@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment